Pages

Friday 8 March 2013

Sunset City

This is where I live... pretty beautiful, isn't it?



I am still quite fresh to Australia. I only arrived in April of last year, so I admit that I am still filled with wonder of the beauty of the place. There are a lot of things to find beautiful here but my number one has to be the sky.


Not just the sunsets, although they are exceptional, but the sky in general. It is so enormous, so present. Maybe it's from living in London for so many years, with it's often less than sunny sky's or tall buildings everywhere you look, but I hardly ever seemed to notice the sky there. But here in Perth you can't help but look at it.

Always blue (almost!) in the day and ever changing cloud patterns. Even when its a rainy day, with dark clouds to rival London's worst, there is always a patch of blue to be found. It might be small, but it's there. Trust me, I run out side every time it clouds over just to test this theory and it's yet to be proved wrong.

Then, as the sun goes down, the spectacular and ever changing colours. People travel to Iceland and Norway to see the Northern Lights, well I think it should be the same here. Come and see nature at it's most beautiful with a West Australian sunset, you won't regret it.

Look at me going on about the weather. 'You can take the girl out of the UK...!'

m

No comments:

Post a Comment